Just 99 miles to go

Monday, August 15, 2005

A whole weekend with no bike, ugh.

I'd been letting the paperwork go at my office and finally decided that I had to get a decent jump on it. Well, the visit from a government employee at my office didn't hurt the motivation either. So no riding this weekend. It wasn't too bad, I told myself if I got things done I'd have next weekend free. Atleast the weather was nasty so I didn't feel that bad being stuck in an office.

I couldn't take being off the bike any longer and made it to Rosaryville tonight. I made it up the nasty powerline hill again, so I'm feeling good about that. The last time wasn't just a fluke. The MORE group just completed some trail work out there. Fixed some ravines that needed to be walked before. That just leaves 2 ravines that I have to walk across. Last year when I first started, evan in my newness, I could make it over one of the ravines and half way across the other. The trails are getting so much traffic now though that the bottom of the crossings are just thick mud. The super 29" wheels won't evan get me across.

It sure is nice having this place right on my way home.

SEEya

No comments: