Just 99 miles to go

Monday, July 25, 2005

The new kitten.

The wife and kids went to the animal shelter last week and picked out a new kitten. He came home last Friday after the mandatory "snipping" that the animal shelter requires of all its adopted males. It’s very affectionate. It always wants to be around people and the darn thing is always purring. This comes as a shock to me as our current cat just wants to be left alone. He has his play period from 10:00-10:05 PM where he’ll come out and want to play. Other than that, if he has food and water we usually don’t hear from him.

The new kitten, Gus likes to sit on top of things. The highest point on the couch, kitchen counter, the toilet etc,etc. . He’ll follow you into a room, pick the highest point he can reach and sit there.

So I’m home Saturday after my epic, eating pretzels, and watching TV. Gus is curled on my lap sleeping. Wife and children are out spending money somewhere.

Nature calls, so I get up and gently place Gus on the couch.

Go into the bathroom , raise the toilet seat and proceed with business.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a blur. Next thing I know Gus has jumped up to where there is normally a fuzzy toilet seat cover.
Being there is no cover, he has all 4 paws outstretched trying for the life of him not to fall in. It was pretty eff’n funny. It looked like something you’d see in a kids cartoon. I bring an abrut end to my flow (I’m pretty sure I ruptured something in the process) but not before I get Gus right on the back.

I think he’s learned not to jump on the toilet now without looking.

seeya

No comments: