Just 99 miles to go

Saturday, June 25, 2005

TGF van halen-

The wife and kids left this morning for OC.
I’ll go up on Tuesday night to join them. One of the pitfalls of being self employed, is it’s hard as shit being able to take a whole week off at a time.
Check-in wasn’t until 3:00 so she wasn’t in any hurry to get away from the house early.
Me, being the good husband, had to stick around, load the vehicle and bid them farewell since I wouldn’t see them for a few days.
This of course screwed up my plans of wanting to go north for some rides MORE had going.
I guess there will be others.

I went into work for a while and got some things started.
Left and headed over to Cedarville.
I thought about hitting Rosaryville instead, but the energy level wasn’t up and its hot and humid.
I’d rather make my return there when I’m feeling a little better and the weather is better.
To tell the truth I didn’t feel like going riding at all. For some reason my energy level has been low lately. I think it’s stress from work. But we all know the best thing for stress, exercise.

Pulled into Cedarville and the main lot is empty. Of course it is. Its too hot for the sissy ass, fair weather riders.
It’s weird but I’ve been looking forward to seeing other people at the trail head and on the trails. It makes me feel less like the lone freak out there riding.

I planned on going back to the blue trail and hitting it first while I was fresh.
I debated on weather to take the ipod or not. Lately I’ve been leaving it behind, as I’ve been able to get on the more interesting trails and don’t need the entertainment.
Decided to go ahead and take it, I figured I might do some of the lame trails later just to get some mileage in.

Half heartedly took off down the trail , and hit play.
BLAM! First thing to come up was Van Halen’s - Eruption.
Thats what the doctor ordered!
Energy level shot through the roof and I took off.

From now on the I-pod goes on all solo rides.
I rode the yellow over to the blue and did the full blue this time at a good pace.
Those mini jumps and hills were sweet.
I did some of the other trails and ended up coming back on a blue intersection.
It was so much fun the first time I decided to take it the oppisite direction.
No, that wasn’t as much fun.
Now I was climbing up some of the rootier sections.
Atleast I got some cardio work-out in.

I can’t wait until I’m able to go back to the clipless. I’m starting to miss them on some of the root gardens.
I’m not having problems with them, but I remember how much easier the roots seemed when I first went clipless when I started biking.

Got back to the truck and total milage was 21.25 miles. I went back out on a section of trail just so I could get above 22 miles. Ended up with 22 1/2 with 2 hours ride time.

It ended up being an excellent ride.

See ya

1 comment:

rickyd 2 said...

So you don't feel so bad, if your leg had to go gimp on ya, this is a good time of the year to recover. Cooler fall temps is my favorite climate to be out there on the trails.

We'll ride again when you feel 100%. Cheers!