Just 99 miles to go

Friday, June 17, 2005

10 week knee checkup and riding

I’m backtracking a little here.
I had my 10 week appt with the OS Wednesday. 10 weeks isn’t officially until today, Friday though.
The knee felt excellent to him. Which was sort of a relief to me.
I’ve been hitting the trails a little harder than I should and I was a little worried about stretching the graft.
I guess that means I can keep up with what I’m doing.
He gave me basically same instructions, no running or jumping yet, and wear the brace all the time.
I didn’t tell him that I only wear it when biking, yard work , and on job sites.
The twinges are getting rarer, and going down stairs is starting to get to almost normal.
The quad strength is excellent, the hamstrings still have some way to go.
I’d almost like to go back to clipless to help the hamstring, but am still a little leary of unclipping at this point in a emergency.
I might put them on and start up with a few road rides again.

I got 9 miles of trail in at Cedarville Thursday, beautiful weather.

Hit Cedarville again tonight.
I was going to try the yellow-blue trail loop.
The blue is the worst technical one at Cedarville.
Compared to other parks, the blue is still more or less beginners but its got the most roots and obstacles in Cedarville.
I got half way through the blue and had to change my plans.
The roots where taking there toll on the knee.
Ended up bailing and going back to the brown/green trail.
Ended up with 13 miles.

The roots on the blue reminded me of what I like about clipless pedals.
I didn’t have any mishaps, but staying on the bike is a lot harder with flats.
I think the flats though are helping my technical skills some.
You cant rely on shoes and pedals keeping you on the bike.

See ya

No comments: