Just 99 miles to go

Friday, April 22, 2005

So crutches make me a nice guy?

Most people think I’m mean looking. To those of you that haven’t met me. I’m 6’3", 240 (by now I think 235) and relatively muscular. I have a full beard and moustache, and a semi-permanent scowl across my eyes. Due to a condition I had a few years ago (fyi , bells palsey, dont ask), unless I overly try, my smiles looks like a snear. I’m used to people avoiding me, not making eye contact etc. (Thank goodness I met my wife when I was young and cute or atleast when I smiled right. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t bother me at all. As a matter of fact I like having "that" look so overly talkative people leave me alone. Now that I’m on crutches people are being overly nice. Going out of there way to open doors for me, store cashiers are actually chatty with me, people offer to carry items to my car etc.
I gotta dump these crutches fast.
I guess I now appear as an injured teddy bear or something.
tommy

No comments: