Just 99 miles to go

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Day 9- Nothing new.

Swellings down a little. Decided to go to work for a little while. I've gotta little setup there to keep the leg elevated while I'm working (or surfing) on the computer. I drove by Rosaryville on my way home. Hoping on the off chance I'd see somebody I knew. Nope. It wasn't nearly as crowded as I'd expected. Nice day, no rain in a few days and I only saw 3 other vehicles there. I don't get people. Get out and ride.

Ok this is gonna be a short post, what can I bitch about? I know..crutches.

After the doctors appt. last week and him bitching about me using 1 crutch, I have be making a conscious effort to keep as much weight as possible off of the leg. I realized, I could lie to him and continue to hobble around on 1 crutch at home but this is my leg. If I do that and it does weaken the graft its really hurting me. In the larger scheme of things, me being inconvenianced for 10 days seems like a small price to pay to get it to heal correctly. Hopefully he'll give the go ahead to get rid of them next Wednesday anyway.

You might say, "Whats the difference, 1 or 2 crutches". Well, its about impossible to carry anything in either hand with 2 crutches. Doesn't seem like a big deal until you have to live with it. I have been getting smarter about it though. I have a pair of cargo shorts with huge pockets thats good at carrying remotes,sodas, and phones. I've also got good at carrying things in my mouth. Although last week when I got to work the guys laughed at me carrying my half full coffee cup in my mouth. I probly looked like a St. Bernard carrying a bone around.
We'll save "Taking a Shower" for another time.
Tommy

No comments: