Just 99 miles to go

Monday, March 07, 2005

Well this might suck.

Had a ride yesterday at Greenbriar that turned out real nice. I'll write up more later.

I had my appointment with my Orthopedic doc this morning. I almost called and canceled it because the knee was feeling good this morning and gave me very few problems yesterday. But with me wanting to start training more intensely , I figured it wouldn't hurt for him to take a look at it and maybe give some more advice on caring for both knees.

So he thinks its a torn ACL tendon. (I don't know, something in the knee). I'm supposed to go have a MRI tomowrow and a follow up with him next week. Going over "what ifs" with him, he said I could pedal without problems but as MTBing requires us to get out of the saddle I'd be better off getting it fixed.

I asked him if it could wait until the fall (after the SM100). He won't know until the MRI. I hope he's wrong. I'd think that a torn tendon/ligament would be giving me more problems than I'm having.

SHIT-SHIT-SHIT-SHIT-SHIT!!!!

3 comments:

joe said...

sorry to hear that diagnosis... hope that the MRI finds something else. I tore my right ACL a couple of years ago, so i know what you're in for... let me know if you want any more info.

Tom said...

Yeah I'd like to know more. I guess it didn't effect your long term riding. How'd ya do it and how long was your recovery.
email me if ya want.
liltommy1965@yahoo.com

Your Name Here said...

Sorry to hear it Tommy. That really sucks. I hope all goes well with the MRI.

PEte