Just 99 miles to go

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Settling into the fall groove.

Ok, what did ya miss?
I had my Cedarville trailwork. I'm not happy with my so called non-MORE "buddies". Only had 2 show up for the trailwork. Big thanks to Barry and Mark. I get so tired of hearing excuses.
I heard the usual excuses "oh man its this weekend? Any other time would be good but blah, blah, blah". I had to delay it till the next weekend cause of rain. Did they show up? No.
Butt-heads.

Let see, what else is new.
No new bikes or parts. I'm still on a strict budget.
Atleast gas prices have come down. I'm not restricting myself to So. Maryland anymore.
I felt like crap before driving an hour to a ride knowing what it was costing me in gas.
FYI, at the peak of the gas prices it was costing me $125.00 to fill the tank up. (Don't you luv trucks with big gas tanks). Last week $81.00 did it. I know eighty bucks is still alot but hey, I'm looking at it as saving $45.00.

Because of the aforementioned I did a trailwork day at Fountainhead park in Va, and the next day I did a ride out at Patapsco with Paul, the Rosey liasion and some guys from my LBS.
That was a good time.
I didn't realize how much I miss riding with guys that are better than me.
Not just guys that are fast. If I wanted that I could just try to hang with some roadies.
Guys that can go fast and can do the technical stuff. I'd forgotten what it felt like to be challenged out on the trails. I'm not trying to brag or anything.
I'm not that good. Its just the crowd I'm hanging with arent as in shape as me and they don't seem to want to try the technical stuff.

The body is getting used to lifting weights again, finally.
No more sharp back pains and I'm looking forward pressing the iron at night.

Seeya later.

No comments: