Just 99 miles to go

Sunday, April 27, 2008

So the training starts.

I had an exercise program that I used to keep track of my workouts. Last year I kept it up to date. Evan put stats in it about the weight and resting heart rate.
Thanks to a hard drive crash the info from last year is gone, but ya know what, I've still got the entries on this blog from last year so I have something to compare with.

So, the entries might get boring but atleast I know I'll be able to look bach and see whats happening. (Unless google goes under, then I'm SOL)

Got 4 laps in at the Rose on Saturday, 1 lap included the interior loop.
Wanted to go for a 5th but I was wiped out. It didn't help that it was in the mid to upper 80's by the time I left.

I also tried a red bull for the first time. I hate to break it to my short roadie buddy, Sue, who gave it to me, but it didn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe its cause I suck down 6to7 cups of coffee a day. I think I'm immune to caffeine now.

So 40 miles at Rose on Sat.
9.5 on Sunday.
Weight as of Saturday night #225. (Last year I was at 240)

I might also be doing the cranky monkey as a solo. No, my team mates didn't vote me off. They have another buddy who's interested in doing the race and I thought doing it solo would be good training (I must be an effing idiot). So I volunteered to let the other guy take my place. We just have to see if there's any monetary loss to me for this. My kindness only goes so far.

No comments: