Just 99 miles to go

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It was a weekend...and I rode.

Holy shit.
Can ya beleive that.
Well if you wanna get technical, it wasn't the weekend.
It was Labor day Monday but still it was part of a 3 day weekend so hah.

This was the infamous weekend that I'd been training for all year.
The weekend of the sm100 mountain bike race.
All weekend I kept thinking of where I was supposed to be.
Theres always next year.

I did a group ride at Rosaryville on Monday.
I took up my usual sweeping spot and held back.
The guy in front of me, Dave3, that was his designation so not as to confuse him with the other 2 Daves on ride, wasn't up for the casual/moderate pace.
Nice guy and I felt bad for him. This was his first MORE ride and his first ride at Rosaryvile. I ended up hanging back with him.

He felt bad about holding me back but I really enjoyed the casual pace.

We ended up catching up to the group anyway before the end.
3 guys were working on a broken rear D. They ended up turning it into a single speed, but they had one hell of a set up. Big chain ring up front and second smallest cog on the cassette. Screw that, I think I would have rather walked.

We caught the lead group after the leader Austin had a bad spill on a slick wooden bridge. I thought he had broken leg but luckily it was only a real good bang up job.

After the ride I helped Dave M and his brother take care of some of the debris from tropical storm Ernesto.

If you ever have the chance to do a trailwork day with Daves brother Mike, do it.
This is the skinniest guy I've ever seen and watching him try to move around logs is just too damn funny.

Seeyall

No comments: