Just 99 miles to go

Saturday, February 11, 2006

I'm tired of giving entries titles.

I finally got back onto the trainer during the week.
Twice.
Damn I push myself too hard.
Somebody hold me back!
Not really.
Not really on the holding me back. I did get onto the trainer twice this week.
I guess it was only a matter of time before I got the itching to get back onto the bike.
It kind of builds like a hunger.
Originally it was subdued in the back of my head by they shit I'm thinking about as far as the job.
By thursday I wanted to ride bad.
I was going to do a dreaded night time road ride when I got home but left the battery for my light at work.
Had to settle for a trainer ride.
Thats like satisfying your raging hunger for pizza with toast covered with ketchup.
Yes, I have tried it.
No, pepperoni doesn't help it any.
It tastes like............
Toast with ketchup and pepperoni.

I got my real ride in on Friday.
Got away a little early and did a loop as the Rose.
Trails were kinda sloppy.
Just to see if I could, I went up the now unnecessary power line hill.
The trainers is doing its job.
I made it up the hill without walking and didn't suffer as much as I thought I would during the whole ride.

My final verdict is in on the toe covers that I bought a few weeks ago.
They're junk.
I've just been leaving them on the shoes and riding with them.
They don't get in the way, and if I take them off , they'll be one more thing to look for on my next cold ride.
So yesterdays temp during the ride were decent, about 40 when I finished.
Damn toes were starting to go half way numb.
I don't think the covers do anything.
I did buy some chemical hand warmers.
I think the next cool ride I go on, I'm going to stuff one inbetween each toe cover and the shoe and see if that works.
Can't hurt. I think.

Things are still up in the air as far as the job is concerned.
As I was leaving work at 3:30 on Friday I thought to myself, "If I had made the change I couldn't be leaving now"

seeya

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MSN reformatted everything for more security, and I don't quite think they have the code right, imagine that, buggy code from microsoft!::GRIN::

Unknown said...

More than anything else, Tom, I'd suggest Merino Wool socks! That will help with the toes issue!