Just 99 miles to go

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Day of rest.

So today was a forced day of rest. The energy levels was up which surprised me but the knee's swollen up and I can't extend it straight out. I'm hobbling around like a 40 year old man (HEY, I'm only 39 1/2, don't go there).

Stopped by Bike Doc and had them look at the shifter on the 29. In one of my numerous blunders yesterday I had bent one of the thumb pieces where it didn't belong. They simply bent it back. If I had done it I know it would have snapped off and I'd be buying a new shifter already. Although its bad for the LBS's, its great going in there this time of year. This is a slow time for them so they were able to look at it for me right away. I talked to the owner Chris before and he says they prepare for the slow period. So I guess their OK.

I believe yesterdays ride was a record for me for the number of cuts/bruises/contusions for one ride. 2 ankles, 2 knees, 1 elbow, 1 rib, and the right butt cheek.

Its amazing what a good nights sleep can do. Already I'm thinking about going back and playing on the rocks. Next time though ,I will have some armor.

No comments: